Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an NGO operating in 35 countries around the world whose mission is to transform the way individuals, groups and societies deal with conflict away from adversarial approaches, toward cooperative solutions. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we design and implement programs aimed at resolving conflict and promoting nonviolence. We look to aid parties in conflict to understand their differences and act on their commonalities.
Search for Common Ground is seeking a Finance Assistant to be based in its Kigali office.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Verification of invoices for arithmetic accuracy, proper support documentation;
• Maintain office petty cash and safeguard check books;
• Process all payments and ensure the transactions are fully supported and compliant with SFCG rules and regulations ;
• Record payment vouchers daily in the cash subjournal;
• Perform daily cash count with the Finance Manager;
• Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment;
• Undertake initial field report recording subject to review for Admin & Finance Manager and approval by the Program Director,
• Accurately prepare and ensure payroll taxes, Social security fund and other deductions are paid to government bodies in a timely manner;
• Regular checks voucher compliance and performs scanning solution;
• Maintain the uncleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Manager;
• Prepare checks requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature;
• Maintain the staff timesheets and other accounting records and vouchers properly;
• Adherence to relevant organizations’ staff rules, financial regulations and rules, administrative instructions
• Perform other duties as required;
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience preferably with NGOs;
• A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable;
• Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel;
• Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail;
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 17h00 Monday, June 10, 2016.